1950 #OurHistoryCollection Candle by Baxter Manor
Smoke, Fire and a touch of sweet and savory Tobacco.
Our proprietary vegetable wax is always clean burning inside both of our luxurious glass jars, creating an intoxicating fragrance and glow.
In this year of our LGBTQ+ history, the Mattachine Society was formed by Harry Hay and became one of our country's first sustained gay rights groups. The Los Angeles-based group focused on social acceptance.
- Volume: 9 ounces
- Glass container can be reused and are available in black (with black wax) or white (with natural wax) and each includes a silver lid
- Each candle is individually hand poured in our Los Angeles studio
- Crafted from a proprietary 100% vegetable wax from local U.S. farmers
- Highest quality essential and fragrance oils
- Every luxurious ingredient is free of parabens, sulfates, phthalates
- No animal testing, using the highest quality ingredients
- Approximate burn time 60-70 hours
Glass Tumbler: 3.37" H x 3.19" W
#OurHistoryCollection is a project designed to give back. Each candle in the line represents an important year in LGBTQ+ History. As with all Baxter Manor Candles, this collection is created with the best ingredients we could find. Plus we are doing something a bit different, more labor intensive (a labor of love)... each candle is individually produced - one-at-a-time. This is to ensure the very best quality. We continue to use 100% Vegetable Wax (soy wax that is sustainably grown locally here in the U.S.), and our fragrances are phthalate free and non-toxic, which produce a candle that smells amazing and lasts a really long time.
10% of all #OurHistoryCollection will go to The Trevor Project - because we want to support the history our next generation will make!
Listen to Harry Hay on the "Making Gay History" podcast: